History of Pangsha subdivision:
Pangsha police station was created in 1863. British created it for their own safety. Before naming it as Pangsha P.S it was called as Police administration and then Civil administration. The main reason of creating this was to protest freedom fight. The title of the head of Pangsha P.S was CO (stands for Circle Officer). Circles were combination of few P.S. Pangsha circle was the combination of Pangsha and Baliakandi P.S. While reign of President Aiub Khan (1958-1969) Baliakandi P.S was separated from Pangsha circle.
Historical establishment of the subdivision:
- Office of the chairman
- Administration Office
- Assistant commissioner office
- Pangsha University College
- Pangsha George High School
- Dak Banglow
- Sports administrative office
- Water development office
- Hazrat Shahjue’s Mazar: Hazrat Shahjue came to Pangsha in 1630 AD. He came as a religious broadcaster of Islam. It is said that many people took Islam as their religion from his inspiration. His mazar is at Pangsha puraton bazaar.
- Abdullah Rume’s Grave: Hazrat Abdullah came to Pangsha from middle east in 1639 for religious broadcasting. His grave is in Shajuria village.
- Sree Sree Raj Rajeshwar temple: This temple is about 500 years old.
- Shiv temple: Shiv temple is situated in Jhawgram, Kalikapur union.
Subdivision at a glance:
Area: 422.03 km²
Located at: 23°47.5′N 89°25′E
Population Density: 835.53/ km²
Election Area: 1 [Rajbari 2]
Post office: 25
Number of River: 3
Market place: 31
Hospital and Clinic:
- Govt. Hospital: 1
- Clinic: 17
- Union Health Complex: 9
- Family Care Center: 8
|Babupara||13419||Md. Abul Kalam Azad|
|Bahadurpur||20656||Md. Liakat Ali Khan|
|Boalia||19232||Md. Abu Hasan|
|Habaspur||31850||Md. Abdul Alim|
|Joshai||16803||Md. Chad Ali Khan|
|Kalikapur||17419||Md. Suruj Ali Munsi|
|Kolimohor||15678||Md. Akkas Ali|
|Koshbamazail||22861||Md. Fajlul Haque|
|Machpara||19918||Md. Sahabuddin Ahmed|
|Majbari||16947||Kazi Saiful Islam|
|Modapur||16735||Md. A. Kuddus Fakir|
|Mourat||18025||Md. Akbar Ali|
|Mrigi||21420||Md. Abdul Jalil|
|Patta||16479||Md. Amir Ali|
|Shawrail||22097||Md. Nurul Islam|
|Shorisa||19168||Md. A. Salam|
You must log in to post a comment.