Official District Administration
Current Rajbari district was under different districts in different times. In 1765 when the British took over Bangla, Bihar, Orissa, the north west of Faridpur region (current Rajbari) was recovered by the landlords of Rajshahi. The symbol of Natore’s king found in Belgachi as Snanmoncho and Dolmoncho. Later on, once Rajbari was a part of Jessore district. In 1811, when Faridpur was created, Rajbari was included in Faridpur. Pangsha subdivision was a part of Pabna district once. In 1859 Pangsha and Baliakandi were added to newly added subdivision (then) Kumarkhali. Again in 1871, when Goalanda subdivision was created, then Pangsha and Rajbari were included in it. In the year of 1807, headquarter of Dhaka, Jalalpur was transferred to Faridpur and Pangsha was included in it. In 1850 at the time of Lord Dalhowsi, Jamalpur was divided and Faridpur was created. Goalanda was included to Faridpur then. That time Pangsha and Baliakandi was in Pabna district. In 1983, Rajbari was announced as Rajbari Police Station (thana). The government issued the ordinance on 18th July 1983 to promote all well developed Police Stations to subdivisions. Finally on March 1, 1984 all the subdivisions was announced as districts. And from then Rajbari was called ‘Rajbari district.’
You must log in to post a comment.